The news site of Trinity Valley Community College.

The News-Journal

TVCC’s Annual Christmas Concert

Joshua Robertson, Writer

TVCC will hold their annual Christmas concert December fourth at First Baptist Church.

Every year Trinity Valley’s choral department puts on a Christmas concert where they sing a mixture of Christmas songs and traditional songs. There will be performances from three groups this year. The groups performing will be Cardinal choir, which involves everyone in the choir program. It is the biggest group out of all of them. Chamber choir will be doing a performance which is a select vocal from within the concert choir. You are admitted into the group through an audition process and/or proven ability. The final group to perform will be encore, which is a specialty group of select voices. They perform songs from different eras including jazz, pop, rock, and show tunes.

It will be a fun event for all to enjoy with family and friends. You can expect to hear some traditional Christmas songs like, “Rockin around the Christmas tree” and “Home for holidays”. Also to be performed will be a pentatonix version of “That’s Christmas to Me”. This will be a formal dress event, although you are not required to come in formal dress, unless you’re a performer of course, then do. This will be a great opportunity to watch the students as they perform, especially if you missed the “This is America” concert performed at the East Texas Arboretum on October 2nd.

The choir students have been working on these songs for a couple of months now and have had a lot to learn so they are all excited and nervous for the day of the performance. This will also be the first concert for encore to perform on because they did not perform on the veterans day concert we had a while back.

The concert will be in three weeks (two, if you don’t count Thanksgiving break) so it is getting to the wire for the students to get ready and have all their music memorized before the day of the concert.

None the less it will be a spectacular concert for you all to come out and see.

Your friends and family are more than welcome to come and enjoy all the festivities that the students have prepared for everyone to see.

Thanks to Michael Matchael: choral director, for all his hard work and patience with working with us.

• Arts & Entertainment

TVCC Art Students Win U.T. Tyler Art Scholarships

• TVCC’s Annual Christmas Concert

Editorials

How to Identify Reliable News

• Holiday Stories

Valentine’s Day from Florists’ Perspective

• TVCC’s Annual Christmas Concert

Arts & Entertainment

Offensive Threats of Super Bowl 51

• TVCC’s Annual Christmas Concert

Climate Change

Climate Change: A Real Threat

• TVCC’s Annual Christmas Concert

New Stories

Small Town Meth Invasion

• Campus News

TVCC Cardinal Grill

• TVCC’s Annual Christmas Concert

New Stories

Texas Cafe: A Local Treasure

• TVCC’s Annual Christmas Concert

Editorials

Student Letters to the Future President

• TVCC’s Annual Christmas Concert

New Stories

Donald Trump – 45th President of the United States

TVCC’s Annual Christmas Concert