The news site of Trinity Valley Community College.

The News-Journal

Visiting another world within Dallas

World+Aquarium+
World Aquarium

World Aquarium

World Aquarium

Samantha Tolon, Student Writer

During this fall semester Sheree Daniel’s Biology classes went on a special field trip to the Dallas World Aquarium.

“The Dallas World Aquarium is not just an aquarium. It is a tropical rain forest inside of a cement jungle,” says Sheree Daniel.

The students left the school, not knowing the adventure they were about to embark on. They had an idea that they were going to see a few fish, maybe a penguin or two, but weren’t prepared for the plethora of animals they were about to meet.

With anticipation in their hearts, they arrived in the parking lot in downtown Dallas. Just a few more steps before they would enter a world within the world they only know as Dallas.

Gasps, oohs, and awes were the first thing that exited their mouths. Eyes were lit up with excitement upon entering.

Walking through, the students saw many species they had only heard about in books or watched on Animal Planet. There was so much to take in; from clown fish to giant clams to enormous manatees.

As they ventured through the winding trails, learning and taking pictures, they caught a glimpse of the shark tunnel.

The shark tunnel is a walk through experience where you are actually in a safe and dry area surrounded by a giant shark tank. Many kinds of sharks and stingrays swim above and beside you as you make your way through the tunnel.

For the students, the shark tunnel was the most anticipated exhibit, and they were not disappointed.

After navigating through the tunnel the students were surprised to find the aquarium experience wasn’t over yet, with even more animals waiting right around the corner.

After discovering more than they could ever imagine, they took a lunch break at one of the aquarium’s restaurants.

“As we prepared to leave, I reflected on what we had gotten to see that day, and honestly thought about how fortunate I was to get to see all the things I did,” wrote Christian Risper in his trip report.

Sheree Daniel takes her classes on this special trip every semester as a fun biology adventure. This trip united the students together with laughter, memories, and a valuable learning experience.

• Arts & Entertainment

TVCC Art Students Win U.T. Tyler Art Scholarships

• Visiting another world within Dallas

Editorials

How to Identify Reliable News

• Holiday Stories

Valentine’s Day from Florists’ Perspective

• Visiting another world within Dallas

Arts & Entertainment

Offensive Threats of Super Bowl 51

• Visiting another world within Dallas

Climate Change

Climate Change: A Real Threat

• Visiting another world within Dallas

New Stories

Small Town Meth Invasion

• Campus News

TVCC Cardinal Grill

• Visiting another world within Dallas

New Stories

Texas Cafe: A Local Treasure

• Visiting another world within Dallas

Editorials

Student Letters to the Future President

• Visiting another world within Dallas

New Stories

Donald Trump – 45th President of the United States

Visiting another world within Dallas